European University Information Systems (EUNIS) is the organization with the mission to assist European higher education institutions in developing their IT landscape by sharing experiences and working together.
This Conference entitled: Smart European University is a continuation of the previous ones (Prague, Helsinki) which have attracted many Rectors and decision makers from various Universities. The main goal of the Kraków Conference is to explain in which way IT may help European Universities in the changing landscape, through addressing the main challenges: decreasing number of young people in Europe, hard competition of US and Asian Universities, globalization, rapid development of mobile devices reshaping approach to learning and knowledge acquisition.
The main Conference topics
- Answering the needs of digital natives
- Cooperation of universities with high schools
- Creating the digital campus to become a winner
- Learning from American, Asian, and Australian universities
- How do we compete to win in the future?
- How do we cooperate?
- MOOCs in Europe – is open access the way to go?
- Learning analytics improving students retention
- Improving quality and speeding up teaching
- Sharpening the decision making process and improving decision making culture
- Cooperation between universities and IT companies: external/internal out-sourcing, business model (consortia, joint ventures, shared services), active risk management
from the traditional knowledge seeking university towards a business oriented and result driven university. What does it mean for the academics, staff and students? What about research and education quality? To which extend the concept should be implemented?
Tomasz Szmuc – AGH University of Science and Technology (Vice-Rector) – Chairman of the Programme Committee
John Murphy – EUNIS President
Jan Madey – University of Warsaw/EUNIS
Jean-Francois Desnos – EUNIS
Yves Epelboin – EUNIS
Ligia Ribeiro – University of Porto/EUNIS
Ilkka Siissalo – University of Helsinki/EUNIS
Raimund Vogl – EUNIS
Zbigniew Kąkol – AGH University of Science and Technology (Vice-Rector)
Stanisław Kistryn – Jagiellonian University (Vice-Rector)
Andrzej Mania – Jagiellonian University (Vice-Rector)
Jacek Urbaniec – Jagiellonian University – Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Halina Bojkowska – Jagiellonian University
Anna Hwedyk – AGH University of Science and Technology
Dorota Maciejowska – Jagiellonian University
Anna Pacholak – University of Warsaw
Kamil Wojciechowski – AGH University of Science and Technology
Maciej Zygmunt – AGH University of Science and Technology