Pre congress seminars
Designing learning experiences in a digital age
Facilitator: Dr Gill Ferrell
Technology enhanced learning no longer means making text-based resources available in digital format. Our challenge in the digital age is to design experiences that enhance learning. We want to achieve student-centred active learning. This involves pedagogic design skills and consideration of the physical learning space. We have the means to ensure our designs are informed by analytics about learners and the curriculum if we have the wisdom to make good use of the data.
- Hear from experts in the field
- Experience a fully working digital classroom
- Experience immersive technologies
- Participate in a hands-on workshop using a tried and tested approach to learning design
- Find out how data can be used to improve learning design and student success
Timing: Tuesday 5th June 10:00 – 17:00
Centre de conférences de Sorbonne Université, campus Jussieu
Registration form here
Student Mobility for the digital age: The European Student Card and Associated Digital Services
Eunis decides to merge its student card task force and its student mobility task force.
Facilitator: Dr Carmen Diaz, Jean-Paul Roumegas
More and more each day, students are demanding for processes that can be carried out online and can provide them with the ability to obtain information almost immediately.
In this scenario, the need to digitalize processes is important to allow administrative tasks to be done more efficiently and to facilitate the exchange of information. In this aspect, different initiatives have been put into practice and are currently functioning allowing higher education institutions to offer higher quality services to their students, in addition to being aligned with the needs of those who are digital natives. The development of services relies on the development on the e-ID in the administrative processes, as required by the e-IDAS directive.
The objective of the workshop is to present the projects focused on the exchange of data within the framework of student mobility, and to know first-hand the future of these projects, as well as to share experiences and opinions and make the project work together in order to offer to the institutions as well to the students a single desk approach, a common portal of digital services for the mobility.
This workshop will be organized jointly with The Cnous, Project Coordinator of European student Card (ESC)
Joint conference with
The Cnous, coordinator of the ESC project, organizes this conference jointly with the annual congress of EUNIS.
The conference will focus on disseminating the results of the Strategic partnership project and the perspectives of generalization of the European Student card, as well as the development of services linked to the card and the recognition of an electronic identity of the students.
The European student card project 2.0 will be presented. It is a project of generalization of the student card as well as the development of all services, especially digital services, available for mobility.
The workshop will present the partnership and the joint project between the different stakeholders : Eunis new task force “student card and student mobility”, European student card partners, Erasmus without paper, Emrex, Egracons, OLA, other services for student mobility, and also partners working on the management of student e-ID in Europe.
- Presentation of the results of the pilot project 2016-2018
- Experiences and challenges of the implementation in different campuses (Eucor – the European campus, Campus Card Berlin, educatt, UCC, UBFC)
- The usage of the ESC: results of the different working groups : payment systems, libraries, partnership with Erasmus without paper project,
- New services to be deployed such as student records from Emrex, OLA, egracons.
- And new partnerships with stakeholders/providers of services such as regions, cities, local authorities : public transports, sports, health, culture, etc…
- Perspectives of generalization in Europe and development of services : the objective of a single desk/ portal offering all services for mobility available for Higher Education Institutions and for students and using a common system of authentication.