EUNIS (European University Information Systems organisation) is happy to announce a call for papers for its 2017 Annual Congress which has the theme “EUNIS 2017 – Shaping the Digital Future of Universities”. The Congress will take place from 7-9 June 2017 at the University of Münster (Germany).
This congress presents an opportunity for sharing of experience amongst international specialists, users, researchers, decision-makers, and teaching staff from all over Europe. The event provides an ideal audience to present and publish the latest results of research, development, and deployment of Information Technology in HEIs.
Submissions are invited under one of the six tracks below:
- Leadership & Management
- Overcoming Challenges of Declining IT Budgets
- IT Funding Models
- Setting Goals and Measuring Impact
- Business Process Re-Engineering
- Decision Making
- Staff Training and Development (Digital & Management Competences)
- IT Workforce Hiring and Retention
- Institutional Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Institutional Data Management
- Service Delivery and User Support
- ICT Infrastructure & Security
- Infrastructure and Networks
- IT-Infrastructure for the Digital Era
- Internet of Things / Smart Campus
- Cloud Computing and Services
- Student Card Services
- Information Security
- Public Key Infrastructure – The New EU Regulatory Environment and Beyond
- Secure and Seamless Cross-Border Electronic Transactions – eID
- Data Retention Policies and Best Practices
- Back Office Solutions
- ERPs in Higher Education
- Information Systems
- Learning, Teaching and Student Experience
- Student Mobility
- Mobile Technologies
- ICT for Teaching and Learning Enhancement
- ICT in Learning Spaces
- Digital Classroom
- Mobile Technology and the Learner Experience
- Learning Analytics
- Student Success Technology
- Using Social Media within Teaching & Learning
- Technology and Best Practices in the Assessment of Student and Faculty Work
- E-Learning and Online Education
- Software Development
- Software as a Service
- Mobile Apps for Higher Education
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Open Software – Migration Plans – Best Practices
- Agile Methodologies and Development Best Practices
- OpenX & Interoperability
- Open Corporate Data in Higher Education
- Open Education Resources and Open Courseware
- Open Access and Digital Publishing
- Open (Research) Data
- Student Mobility
- Reusable Learning Objects and Experimentation
- Standards & European Interoperability
- Open Science & Linked Data
- New Ideas & Innovative Concepts (open track)
Submissions can be one of the following types:
- Scientific – presentation of research work and results in a paper session. Submission consists of an extended abstract and/or a full paper.
- Technological – presentation covering technological aspects of the use of IT/IS in HEIs. Submission consists of an extended abstract and/or a full paper.
- Good Practice – examples of successive applications and deployments of IT/IS solutions in HEIs. Submission consists of an extended abstract and/or a full paper.
- Poster – compact presentation of scientific/technological topics or practical experiences focusing IT/IS solutions in HEIs. Submission consists of an extended abstract and optionally the final poster (in PDF form).
The submission may contain an extended abstract only with approx. 1,500 words (2 pages). A full paper submission (up to 10 pages) is optional but if the author/s wish to apply for any of the awards a full paper must be submitted. All submitted papers/abstracts will go through a reviewing processes carried out by the Scientific Committee (at least two reviewers for each paper/abstract). All accepted abstracts from all tracks and the submitted full papers will be published in the Congress Proceedings.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, 5 March 2017.
The extended deadline for submissions is Sunday, 19 March 2017.