EUNIS Enterprise Architecture Special Interest Group
Mission and Scope
The Higher Education Institutions have a need to describe their services in relation to processes, application services and capabilities. This approach specifically provides benefits for project initiatives that create or design service concepts and eases the description in a unified way of the produced service itself.
The main role of the EA Special Interest Group will be to display the EA work done within the sector, harmonize used terminology, be enabler for producing descriptions that can be used for mapping thus showcasing a European wide set of HEI services in a unified form (incl. vocabulary and notation). We encourage our members to build contact relationships within national stakeholders.
Proficient EA actors within the HEI can provide practical examples to lower the entry for newcomers and minder the work burden associated with documenting the Service landscape. In return, it will give proof of concept and qualitatively improve the terminology used.
Key activities will be but not exclusively:
- establish and maintain a presence on EUNIS webpages (contacts, meetings and agendas)
- establish and adapt a common capability model for all HEI to be used
- establish and define architectural building blocks (ABB) in alignment with EU level initiatives
- establish and cooperate with global standards to support HEI API development
- support HEI to raise maturity using EA methodology
Activities put on hold for time being
- establish co-creation portal (theoretical framework; metamodel)
- establish and maintain ECHEIEA-repository (HEI Services)
- define a Service Card structure (common service description model)
- establish and maintain a Relation map (between Services and Actors; Processes and Application Services)
Locations and timing:
EUNIS SIG activities such as workshops are at minimum held once each quarter as on-line meetings if not otherwise agreed. Main activities will take place in conjunction with annual EUNIS Congress or workshops that tie-in with the topic. Other meetings and small group activities will be scheduled when necessary. We encourage national chapters to display their meetings on the SIG calendar.
Currently we organize regular online meetings with these topics:
- Capabilities (e.g. UCISA model)
- Interoperability frameworks (EIF & EIRA)
- Global education standards (e.g. EDU-API)
We continue organizing informative events and and workshops. Invitation to online meetings will be sent out only to our mailing list (email@example.com). If you have not joined that list please do so (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Upcoming meeting: “EIRA workshop, part 2” on 23rd of September 2020
EA SIG Leaders: Patrik Maltusch & Esa Suominen