GÉANT and EUNIS have teamed-up for a series of workshop exchanges on Cloud Management issues.
First joint online workshop was held on 29 October 2021.
Target group: members of the EUNIS Cloud Community Group & GÉANT Cloud Team
The aim of this online workshop was to bring together our mutual communities of users, experts, and policy makers in higher education and research institutions, by exchanging knowledge, questions and experience, by addressing benefits and challenges from organisational, technical and managerial perspective.
Outputs and presentations from the workshop are linked within the agenda below:
- Welcome by Bas Cordewener, Board member EUNIS.
- EUNIS: GÉANT cloud activity by Denise Dittrich, Lead of EUNIS cloud community group
- GÉANT: Maria Ristkok and Dave Heyns, leads of the GÉANT Cloud community.
3. Break-out groups for getting to know each other: Main interest and experience with cloud management, involvement and experience in GÉANT/EUNIS activities, hopes & expectations for the joint exchanges.
4. The OCRE IaaS+ Framework, introduction to the mini competition tool by Garvan McFeeley, HEAnet.
5. Tools from the GÉANT community:
- GÉANT Cloud Flow by Dan Still, CSC
- eduMEET videoconferencing tool by Bartlomiej Idzikowski, PSNC
6. Discussion and exchange on:
- main challenges Cloud Management presents to universities
- possible role of GÉANT and EUNIS to help face the challenges
- ideas/topics for possible next GÉANT and EUNIS exchanges.
7. Next steps, reporting and close.
See the summary here.