Mission and scope
During the last years the usage of cloud services in HEI have increased and there is a high demand to structure and manage this usage, so that the researchers and teachers as well as the HEI benefits most from it.
The cloud management Community Group focuses on the common challenges HEI meet by introducing and managing cloud usage. In detail, this includes the following key activities:
– Discuss and find solutions for common challenges, e.g. governance structures, data security, integrating cloud services into the on premise architecture, licensing etc.
– Develop best practices / Blue prints for these challenges
– Exchange knowledge in regular workshops
First Video Call of the Cloud Management Community Group was held in March 2019 in order to start by introducing regular online meetings to gather information on hot topics and demands of the Cloud Group.
By the end of 2020 the EUNIS Cloud Community Group launched a survey to cover up topics about cloud usage in HEI. The outcomes were discussed at the last video call on the 10th of December, resulting in a couple of ideas for upcoming workshops, e.g. multi cloud management, user experience and data classification. Read the report here.
Recent webinar: 29 October 2021
- results of cloud management surveys
- tools (OCRE IaaS, GÉANT’s Cloud Flow, eduMEET, multi cloud management)
- main challenges for universities re cloud services
- discussions on how GÉANT and/or EUNIS can help/be of benefit.
Read more here.
To stay informed and to subscribe to the Cloud mailing list, please send a message to the CG leader Denise Dittrich: firstname.lastname@example.org