Freddy Barstad, NTNU in Trondheim, Norway (2019 Congress Organiser)
Freddy Barstad is an experienced manager and strategic advisor in the field of technology and organizational development, with a background in both public and private sectors. For the last 15-years as a leader and senior advisor in Higher Education, where his primary focus is in the areas of ICT management and strategy, relationship management, digitalization, enterprise architecture, digital learning environment and innovation.
Employed at NTNU´s IT-dept, as Senior Advisor, at the Strategy & Governance office and as acting Head of IT for Faculty of Engineering.
Some prior work experience:
- NTNU, IT-dept, Staff IT-director as Senior Advisor;
- UNINETT, eCampus; National coordinator / project manager for digital assessment;
- NTNU, IT-dept, Operational section leader;
- UHRM Evaluation Committee, Leader of Evaluation Committee, appointed by the University and Higher Education Council;
- Cap Gemini & Ernst&Young, Senior consultant.
Responsible for, participated in program committees and have been a speaker at several Congress and conferences at local, national and international level (some eg.):
- NOKIOS (Norwegian conference for ICT in public sector); Board of Directors & Session manager 2008-2017
- NTNU ICT seminar series; Chair, MC, Speaker
- NTNU ICT conference; program board, session manager, speaker
- Læringsfestivalen (a national conference for Higher education); program board, session manager & speaker 2015-2016
- UNINETT/SUHS (a national conference for ICT in Higher education): program board, session manager & speaker,
- eCampus Digital assessment seminars: chair & speaker,
- EUNIS: delegate, speaker, L&T TF (worked actively and helped to organize workshops),
- SIRikt 2014 International Conference, keynote speaker,
- 2016 eucen Autumn Seminar: speaker,
- NUAS 2015 (NUAS – The Nordic Association of University Administrators): speaker.