The EUNIS 2023 Congress provides an ideal forum to present and publish the latest results of research, development, and deployment of information technology and systems for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). With an average number of attendees above 200 (counting international specialists, digital service providers, decision-makers, researchers and teaching staff), it also provides a unique opportunity to exchange perspectives and experiences in relation to the digital transformation of European Universities, aiming to strategically assess challenges and opportunities in an era of new concerns about demographics, mobility, energy and digital sovereignty.
The EUNIS 2023 program will feature oral presentations, poster presentations, panel discussions, tutorials, hands-on sessions and exhibitions, plus an exciting social program in the city of Vigo and its surroundings. Prospective authors are invited to submit scientific, technological, experiential or philosophical papers in the following tracks:
Governance and policies for higher education and research
- Enterprise Architecture: towards a European wide set of HEI services
- Digital workflows: savings and trade-offs from digitalization
- Open science
- International cooperation within Europe and beyond
- Diversity and inclusion
- Ethics, data protection and trust
- Digital sovereignty
- Distributed workforces and communities
- Role of HEIs in the new geopolitical landscape
Information systems design, development and deployment
- Information systems for HEI’s internal management
- Information systems for inter-institutional cooperation (e.g. in initiatives funded by European programmes such as European Universities and Erasmus+)
- Information systems for telework, blended learning, virtual laboratories, etc.
- Information security
- IT standards and interoperability
- Technology uptake: experience reports and trends
- Cloud management
- Business Intelligence and analytics
- Artificial Intelligence: experiences, opportunities and risks
Learning, teaching and research
- Student mobility
- Student success for a changing learner profile
- Student and staff digital skills
- IT support for research
- Educational technologies for teaching learning and assessment
- Adaptation and personalization of contents and curricula
- Hybrid and blended learning
- AR/VR and metaverse technologies in higher education
- Applied learning and graduate employability
- Education and entrepreneurship
- Digital and micro-credentials
- Learning Analytics
Special session proposals
The Congress welcomes proposals for a wide range of session types: panel discussions, birds-of-a-feather sessions, hands-on demonstrations, etc. Proposals must be uploaded to the EasyChair portal, using this template. They will be reviewed by the EUNIS 2023 Scientific Committee (ESC). Acceptance notifications will be sent out by 28 Mar, 2023.
Guidelines for paper submission
All submissions have to be uploaded to the EasyChair portal, to be reviewed by the EUNIS 2023 Scientific Committee (ESC). A single submission process will be used. A submission consists of a 4-page to 10-page paper, which includes an abstract of no more than 300 words, and a short bio of the author(s).
The submissions have to follow the EasyChair template.
1. Submissions can request an oral presentation, poster or other format such as panel discussion or birds-of-a-feather session. To ensure a good balance, the program committee may decide to offer a different format to that chosen. Accepted papers will appear in a special issue of the European Journal of Higher Education IT (see for 2022).
2. Beyond this first selection, the Scientific Committee will choose papers among accepted submissions for one or more of the following purposes:
- Nomination for the Elite award, which recognizes and promotes best practice in the use of information systems in higher education in Europe.
- Nomination for the Dørup award, given for outstanding and innovative applications of information technology in an educational setting.
- Transmission to the Vietsch Foundation for possible funding.
- Publication in the open access EPiC Series in Computing, indexed by Scopus (see for 2022). Papers proposed for publication will have to comply with the EasyChair publications template. Papers published in EPiC will not appear in the EJHEIT Journal.
3. The following deadlines must be taken into account:
- Abstract and full paper submission deadline: 6 Mar, 2023
- Notes of acceptance: 28 Mar, 2023
- Final submission of revisions: 14 Apr, 2023
Please send any questions about submissions to the organizing committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fees and deadlines
Participants are expected to register before the start of the event. The “Early bird” rates apply until 30 Apr, 2023.
- 10% discounts will be offered for group registrations of at least 3 people from the same institution, or at least 3 people from different institutions who have co-authored an accepted paper. Please contact the organizers at email@example.com
- Tickets for gala dinner and social events only may be purchased separately for EUR 300 *. Places are limited, so these registrations will be managed on a “first come, first served” basis.
- EUNIS staff and EUNIS gold corporate members are entitled to 1 free registration.
“Early bird” fee: EUR 500 * / Normal fee: EUR 600 *
“Early bird” fee: EUR 400 * / Normal fee: EUR 500 *
* All prices are in EUR and subject to 21% VAT in Spain.