Joint GÉANT-EUNIS workshop on Cloud Management tools: 29 October 2021
GÉANT and EUNIS are teaming-up for a series of workshop exchanges on Cloud Management issues.
First joint 2-hour online workshop: will be held on 29 October 2021 at 10.00 -12.00 CEST.
Target group: members of the EUNIS Cloud Community Group & GÉANT Cloud Team
The aim of this online workshop is to bring together our mutual communities of users, experts, and policy makers in higher education and research institutions, by exchanging knowledge, questions and experience, by addressing benefits and challenges from organisational, technical and managerial perspective.
We will briefly introduce the two organisations’ role and perspective regarding cloud management issues, will facilitate networking between attendees to address shared interests, expertise and challenges, and will present and explore functionality of tools that could be beneficial for attendees to know about.
- Welcome by Bas Cordewener, Board member EUNIS.
- Introductions to EUNIS and GÉANT cloud activity by Denise Dittrich, Lead of EUNIS cloud community group and Maria Ristkok and Dave Heyns, leads of the GÉANT Cloud community.
- Break-out groups for getting to know each other: Main interest and experience with cloud management, involvement and experience in GÉANT/EUNIS activities, hopes & expectations for the joint exchanges.
- The OCRE IaaS+ Framework, introduction to the mini competition tool by Garvan McFeeley, HEAnet.
- Tools from the GÉANT community:
– GÉANT Cloud Flow by Dan Still, CSC
– eduMEET videoconferencing tool by Bartlomiej Idzikowski, PSNC
- Discussion and exchange on:
– main challenges Cloud Management presents to universities
– possible role of GÉANT and EUNIS to help face the challenges
– ideas/topics for possible next GÉANT and EUNIS exchanges.
- Next steps, reporting and close.
See the full programme.
You are most welcome to register in advance for this meeting (it is free, but places are limited to allow for networking).
We look forward to meeting you in an informal setting, exchanging about cloud management from various perspectives.
Denise Dittrich (EUNIS Cloud Community Group) & Maria Ristkok (GÉANT Cloud Team)