Register for the EUA-EUNIS webinar on Information Security strategies for HEIs: 6 May 2021
The European University Association (EUA) and the European University Information Systems (EUNIS) are partnering for the first time to organise this webinar on information security strategies for higher education institutions. The event will be held online on 6 May 2021 at 14.00-15.00 CEST.
The webinar is free of charge and open to everyone interested in attending.
It will cover topics such as cybersecurity, governance and online presence, followed by
an interactive Q&A session.
- Raimund Vogl, President, EUNIS
- Bart van den Heuvel, Chief Information Security Officer, Maastricht University
- Christian Foetinger, Information Security Unit, Bavarian State Universities
- Pri Alagoda, Chief Information Security Officer, Nottingham Trent University
- Charlie van Genuchten, Product Manager for Privacy and Security, SURF
Moderator: Christel Vacelet, Head of Communications, Public Affairs and Membership, EUA.
This webinar is designed for non-specialist decision-makers within European universities. It will provide a general understanding of the issues at stake and a basis to take informed decisions at the leadership level. Therefore, if the topic is new to you, have a look to an introduction to Information Security Terminology (by Laurence Desnos, EUNIS) and watch the pre-recorded keynote presentations:
- Supercomputers offline across Europe, Pascal Brückner, Computer scientist at the CERT of Dresden University of Technology
- The SAP-banking hacking incident, Marco Gersbacher, Head of ICT Infrastructure Services, University of Basel
- Leading and organising Information Security – a guide to the perplexed manager, Pekka Kähkipuro, Chief Information Officer at Brunel University London