Education & Training 2020 – EC strategic framework
The European Commission has announced a sharpened set of priorities for European Education and Training 2020 (ET2020). The new six priorities are the following:
1. Relevant and high-quality skills and competences for employability, innovation, active citizenship;
2. Inclusive education, equality, non-discrimination, civic competences;
3. Open and innovative education and training, including by fully embracing the digital era;
4. Strong support for educators;
5. Transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications;
6. Sustainable investment, performance and efficiency of education and training systems.
In order to identify the new ET 2020 priorities, a mid-term stocktaking was conducted, by means of an independent evaluation, national reports, and in-depth consultations with senior officials from national governments, European social partners and education and training stakeholders.
The stocktaking was rounded-up by a dedicated policy debate at the Education Council of 18 May 2015.
The conclusions of the mid-term stocktaking are reflected in the draft ET 2020 Joint Report, presented by the European Commission on the 8th of September. This draft Joint Report is now transmitted to the Council where it is expected to be adopted later this year.