EUNIS InfoSec Task Force launch
A new Task Force on Information Security and Data Protection (InfoSec) was launched by the EUNIS Board in June 2017. New members are welcome to participate in the InfoSec TF. Please, contact the TF leader Anne Hintzell (email@example.com) and you will be added to the TF mailing list.
The Task Force aims to present a forum for information security professionals as well as data protection experts in order to build a strong network.
The objectives of the InfoSec Task Force are to:
- discuss the higher education information security and privacy challenges and present and share ways of solving those challenges
- share knowledge on topical information security threats, countermeasures as well as technical solutions
- support GDPR implementation on the information security side
- follow up on the threat landscape as well as the development of new privacy legislation
- build a network of higher education information security and Data Protection professionals
As a start of the InfoSec TF a workshop on Data Protection and IT security was organized in Berlin, in April 2017. The next workshop will be arranged on 12th of December 2017 in Lisbon. This workshop will continue the theme of GDPR in higher education and practical measures for implementation.
More information on the InfoSec Task Force can be found here.