BencHEIT Taskforce Workshop in Bologna Dec 1st 2014
Ciao Dear Friends!
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the third EUNIS higher education IT benchmarking workshop, organised by the EUNIS BencHEIT Task Force and hosted by CINECA on the 1st of December 2014 in Bologna, Italy.
Participation in the event is open, free of charge, to all EUNIS Members. If you are not a EUNIS Member Institution, but interested in this topic, please contact Michele Mennielli (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about the event. There are limited number of seats available, but it might be possible for you to attend.
Participants will have to register using the form below (deadline November 16th) and, if needed, book a hotel room.
Topics to be covered include:
- Update on the BENCHEIT benchmarking round using 2013 data, planned changes and improvements for the next round
- Experiences and best practices on how to use IT benchmarking results for the benefit of IT leaders in European universities
- Update on a UCISA initiative in the UK to measure the digital readiness and IT capabilities of both higher education students and personnel; Discussion on how we could make this a European wide initiative
- Update on the CHEITA IT benchmarking group, which is attempting to take higher education IT benchmarking a step further by combining data from EDUCAUSE (USA), UCISA (UK), South Africa, Australia as well as the Europe wide BENCHEIT benchmarking and bring the top level IT cost data together in a mutually comparable form, taking into account the size and complexity of the participating institutions.
The final agenda will be circulating in the next days.
The workshop will take the whole day on Monday 1st December (09:00 – 17:00 CET), followed by a dinner together.
Hope to see you all soon in Bologna!
How to arrive in Bologna
Flights: Guglielmo Marconi International Airport is located 15 minutes out of the city center and links Bologna to major international hubs and, with over 90 domestic and foreign destinations, places Bologna at the centre of business connections.
Trains: Located in the productive heart of northern Italy, Bologna is one of the country’s most important railway junctions, now served by new high-speed trains (30’ from Florence; 1h from Milan; 2h from Rome)
Where to sleep
A fixed fee is available at the Stars Hotel Excelsior in Bologna, where the event will be. To book a room for a fixed price, use one of the following forms:
– Hotel Orologio: http://www.bolognarthotels.it/hotel-orologio.aspx
– Hotel Novecento: http://www.bolognarthotels.it/hotel-novecento.aspx
Additional hotels with CINECA discounts can be found at the CINECA website.